Sunday, February 10, 2013

Reading Ruminations - Feb Edition

My husband is absolutely adamant that I am a book addict.  He's probably right.  Even as young as 16 I was reading 300 - 500 page books weekly.  The Ransomville Free Library was 2.8 miles away, an easy bike ride.  I could go on my own  (no car)  and the librarians would let me take out anything I wanted.  I still remember my four-digit library card number (2812) and wonder if it would still work.  I used to go anywhere there were books then and anywhere there are books now.  I caught up today on my google spreadsheet for 2013.  I've got over 120 books on the list.  Since I was so terribly upset with myself for setting a 100 book per month goal for last year (that I didn't reach) I'm not trying this year.  But wow.  I read alot.  Is it to my detriment?  I've been getting all these really great books from Avon Publishing that I'm having to MAKE myself read.  It's disconcerting.  Even when they send me books that I've had on my TBR spreadsheet for a while, I can't bring myself to read them.  I keep falling into rereading oldies but goodies.  I've reread Nora of course.  Elizabeth Vaughan, Patricia Briggs, my new crack Kristen Ashley even some of my eBooks of new authors on my kindle and nook.  Weird.  Book addict that doesn't want new material. 

No comments:

Post a Comment